Discover how John Carter mastered the art of not letting his emotions get the best of him when it comes to the markets. The level of calm that helped him achieve his million dollar TSLA trade. Also discover how Danielle Shay was able to overcome the psychological aspect of trading, or as she likes to call it, how she was able to tame her trade monster.
What Will You Learn?
In Danielle’s psychology session –
- Learn how to recognize when your trade monster is coming out and taking control. How it takes over and robs you of your methodology, discipline, and business structure in the interest of fear and/or greed.
- Know the signals that your trade monster is out of control, and why it’s so critical to remember that we aren’t in charge of the market.
- Learn how to look at every single trade, the good and the bad, as a lesson, and why you can’t be a successful trader until you do.
- The surefire steps to blowing out your trading account, and how to avoid them.
- The methods of self-inflicted trading pain and why technical analysis and methodology are so critical for avoiding trading pain. For example, you may take profits too soon. Did you know your Fibonacci extensions?
- Danielle’s biggest offenders: When they happened, how they happened, how she came back from them, and how she’s making sure they don’t happen again.
In John’s psychology session –
- Learn that psychology and money management are directly correlated, and how they’re directly correlated.
- How the media, news, and social media sites affect your psychology, and how that ultimately affects your trading (and not for the better).
- Why not being able to tackle the psychological aspect of trading will always lead to frustrating results.
- Why a 40% win ratio is actually far more impressive than a 99% win ratio, and how someone with a 40% win ratio clears a million a year in profit.
- John’s favorite saying “feeding the ducks” discussed in detail, and why it’s not about how much you can make, it’s about how much you can lose (and other thoughts on speculation).
- John’s Psychology Session: 1 hour and 53 minutes
- Danielle’s Psychology Session: 1 hours and 27 minutes
About the Content Providers:
About John: His trading strategy combines expert technical analysis with an overall macro, fundamental view. His proven trading setups identify large directional plays that he leverages with both options and futures, as well as neutral moments in time for income trading opportunities when market conditions are on the slow side. He likes being in the trade before anyone else, and he uses his signature indicator ‘the Squeeze’ to enter many of these plays.
John’s trades can generally be adjusted for those looking for a more conservative take on his aggressive plays, and traders can use his tools to find setups that fit their own risk parameters. His setups, market knowledge, and guidance to continually improve yourself as a trader is invaluable.
About Danielle: Danielle Shay is the Director of Options at Simpler Trading. She is a strict technical analyst, with a strong emphasis in Fibonacci Analysis. Her primary focus is on trend-following, directional strategies via options trading, though she covers stocks and ETFs as well. Danielle was also a contributor in John Carter’s 3rd Edition of Mastering the Trade, and has been seen on Real Vision TV, RT America, and Benzinga. You can find her daily in our trading room, sharing her analysis and trade ideas with our members.